PRISMA – The Joint European Capacity Platform
PRISMA is the joint capacity booking platform of major European Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
The goal of the PRISMA platform is the early implementation of the Network Code on Capacity Allocation Mechanisms, the future European market rules for allocating natural gas transport capacity, which will come into force in November 2015.
The PRISMA platform was launched in April 2013 and is able to handle harmonised capacity products, offer auction mechanisms and serve the different TSO backend systems in accordance with the CAM Network Code. Moreover, with its new secondary functionality, gas traders can now also use the PRISMA platform to trade transport capacity on the secondary market.
Easy-to-use and transparent features allow gas traders non-discriminatory access to the transmission grids of all the participating transmission system operators.
PRISMA offers the following features to all registered users:
- Easy access to the capacity market
- Single shipper registration for all participating TSOs
- One tool for primary and secondary capacity trading
- Detailed overview on all bookable network points and available transport capacity
- Primary capacity auctions of yearly, quarterly, month-ahead and day-ahead products at cross-border and within-country interconnection points
- First-come-first-served bookings for primary capacities that do not have to be auctioned.
- Possibility to buy and sell natural gas transport capacity on the secondary market.
PRISMA is a major step towards an integrated European gas market linking the transmission grids of 28 European TSOs. It opens new possibilities for cross-border gas transport to shippers, who can book primary and trade secondary transport capacity at European network points through one single platform.